CLOVE ESSENTIAL OIL
by Simply Earth
Used mainly as a spice, ancient cultures used cloves to treat a variety of ailments.
Chinese medicine used Clove to combat bad breath, hernias, and bronchitis; others used it to relieve toothaches, aid digestion, alleviate childbirth pain, and eliminate intestinal parasites and an athlete’s foot.
Spicy floral scent resembling the smell of carnation with a light smoky odor
BLENDS WELL WITH
Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Citronella, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Rose
- Botanical Name: Syzygium aromaticum
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Buds
- Plant Description: Clove belongs to plants in the pea family (Fabaceae). Their species are generally small and usually have leaves with three leaflets. Clove can grow 8 to 12 inches.
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Main Constituents: Eugenol: 85.95%
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: No
- Breastfeeding Safe: No
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: No
- Special Dilution Rate: 0.5% or less
- More Safety Info: This oil is skin irritating, so be sure to follow dilution instructions. Don't use this oil on sensitive or broken skin. Clove Essential Oil can be irritating to mucous membranes and may cause sensitization. Do not use Clove Essential Oil if you are on an anticoagulant or antidepressant medications as the eugenol content of this oil may interfere with these medications. This interference is most likely if the essential oil is ingested - never ingest any essential oil unless under the guidance of a doctor versed in pharmaceuticals and aromatherapy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.