GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL
by Simply Earth
Geranium was used by ancient Egyptians to treat tumors and then by Europeans to treat a wider array of conditions including dysentery, hemorrhoids, menstrual conditions, and even diarrhea.
Today Geranium is used in perfumery and as a flavoring agent in foods. It is often confused with rose due to its rosy scent and nickname, Rose Geranium.
Floral, fresh, sweet, and rosy
GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS WELL WITH
Basil, Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Fennel, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Neroli, and Nutmeg
- Balances skin
- Relieves tension and stress
- Botanical Name: Pelargonium Graveolens
- Origin: Egypt
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves & Flowers
- Plant Description: Pelargonium graveolens grow in the northern provinces of South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique. It is a medium shrub that grows about one meter high and 1.5 meters wide. Its rosy smelling flowers are pinkish-white, and it blooms from August to January. Also called "rose-scented geranium".
- Note: Middle
- Color: Pale yellow to greenish-yellow
- Main Constituents: Citronellol: 37% Geraniol: 19%
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: Kids: 1% or less. Adult: 5% or less
- More safety info: Shelf life of 2 years.