BERGAMOT ESSENTIAL OIL
by Simply Earth
Bergamot was named after a town in Italy--Bergamo--where Bergamot oil was first marketed. This citrus oil was most commonly used in Italian folk medicine for fevers and other medicinal purposes for many years.
Citrus warm floral scent, bright spicy, savory fruity aroma
BERGAMOT ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS WELL WITH
Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Ylang-ylang
- Reduces insomnia
- Relaxes and calms
- Balances oily skin
- Eases tight muscles
- Botanical name: Citrus Bergamia
- Origin: Ivory Coast
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Bergamot (evergreen) belongs to the Rutaceae family, native to the Canary Islands. The tree may grow from 2 - 10 m. tall. Bergamot doesn't grow in the wild but instead is cultivated. The long branches are covered with spines. The tree yields small pear-shaped fruit which is not edible but is useful for the oil extracted from the peel/rind.
- Color: Light yellowish green to yellowish-brown liquid
- Main Constituents: Limonene, linalyl acetate
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight or a tanning bed after using this oil topically. This oil may be used at 1-2 drops per ounce of carrier oil (0.4%) without being phototoxic.