FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL
by Simply Earth
Frankincense has been used throughout history, with its most notable appearances in the Bible and in ancient Egyptian history. Historically, Frankincense was used by ancient Egyptians for incense, treating wounds, and easing arthritis. In more recent times, Frankincense has been used in soaps, perfumes, and even in some pharmaceutical products.
Warm and spicy, woody and resonating, milder than Frankincense from Somalia
BLENDS WELL WITH
Clove, Lemon, Myrrh, Chamomile, Cedarwood, Pine, Basil, Rosemary.
- Assists in fighting germs
- Reduces symptoms related to bronchitis and sinus congestion
- Alleviates Swelling
- Clears the mind
- Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Resin
- Plant Description: It is wax (used for the oil) that can be obtained from the Boswellia tree, which is native to India. The Boswellia serrata tree grows in the Punjab region of India as well as in regions of Pakistan. The small, thin trees are stripped of their bark to yield a sticky resin from which the essential oil is extracted.
- Note: Base
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear to pale yellow
- Main constituents: a-Thujene: 62.82%
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Cat Safe: Yes
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More Safety Info: Consult your doctor before using this oil if you have a bleeding disorder. Frankincense is an emmenagogue that has blood-thinning effects, which may increase their risk of irregular bleeding. Generally safe. Follow the dilution instructions.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.