GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL [PINK]
by Simply Earth
Called the forbidden fruit of Barbados by Griffith Hughes, grapefruit was discovered to be growing in Jamaica in 1789. Since then, grapefruit has been found to have many benefits--from clearing skin to rejuvenating dull hair.
Grapefruit is also known for its ability to uplift, energize, and support mental focus.
Fresh, sweet citrus smell that is very characteristic of the fruit
BLENDS WELL WITH
Bergamot, Citronella, Coriander, Fir Needle, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Neroli, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang.
- Botanical Name: Citrus Paradisi
- Origin: USA
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Citrus Recemosa and Citrus Maxima are the scientific names for Grapefruit. It looks like a group of grapes hanging on trees; the oil is extracted from its peel.
- Note: Base to middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Pale orange
- Main Constituents: d-Limonene
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult a doctor
- Cat or Dog Safe: Cats will not like the citrus smell of this oil, but it is unlikely to cause any adverse reactions. Make sure your cat can leave the room if you are using this oil. This oil is generally safe for dogs.
- Dilution Rate: Kids: 1% or less, Adults: 4% or less
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight after using this oil topically as it will make you more likely to get sunburned—the shelf life of 2 years.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.